Kaltura Capture is a desktop recording application used to record and directly upload your media files to your Kaltura My Media library. You can record screencasts, webcams, PowerPoint presentations or audio recordings. To create your own recordings, install the Kaltura Capture desktop recorder to your computer first (instructions below).
This tutorial will show you how to launch the Kaltura Capture application in media.kpu.ca. Learn more about Kaltura Capture here.
- Open the webpage https://media.kpu.ca/ using Chrome or Firefox.
- Make sure that you are logged in to KPU Video Portal.
- On the top-right corner, click "+ ADD NEW," and from the list, select "New! Kaltura Capture."
- If you have already installed "Kaltura Capture" software, you may see a pop-up window to launch Kaltura Capture, or it should run itself.
- For Chrome:
- For Firefox:
- If you haven't yet installed the "Kaltura Capture" application, please scroll down and download and install it on your Windows or Mac. (Check this page for changing the default path for saved recording during installation.
- You should see Kaltura Capture now launched successfully on your computer.
- Using Kaltura, you can record screencasts, webcams, PowerPoint presentations or audio recordings.
This work by Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.