Kaltura Capture is a desktop recording application used to record and directly upload your media files to your Kaltura My Media library. You can record screencasts, webcams, PowerPoint presentations or audio recordings. To create a recording, you will need to first install the Kaltura Capture desktop recorder on your computer.
How to Install Kaltura Capture
- Login to your Moodle site, click on My Media(on the left navigation bar).Note: Only Courses, Trades, and Continue Moodle sites will have this Kaltura integration.
- Click on Add New, then Kaltura Capture.
- Click on Download for Windows/Download for Mac. (scroll down)
Follow the instructions on screen to install.
- It should automatically open, if not reload the My Media page.
- To reload it from Moodle, click on My Media, Add new and then select Kaltura Capture from the drop down menu.
- You may be presented with a confirmation window to open this link in the Kaltura Capture software. (The confirmation window be differ between web browsers.)
In Internet Explorer, uncheck the Always ask before opening box and click the Allow button.
In other web browsers, the options are similar. Ensure that the software automatically opens.
- Once opened, this is what the Kaltura Capture application looks like.
- Select your recording inputs (screen, camera and/or audio) and start recording.
Video Instructions for Windows:
Video Instructions for Mac:
Upgrading Kaltura Capture
Kaltura Capture should automatically update every time you open the application. If it does not, uninstall Kaltura Capture first then repeat the above steps to reinstall.
The latest version installed should be 4.3.1.
Check to see if you are running the latest version by clicking on Manage (on the right side of the Capture tool).
Click on the "i" icon, and check to see if your version displays 4.3.1.
If you run into any issues, contact the IT service Desk.
This work by Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.