What is Poodll ReadAloud? Reading practice monitoring tool for assessment and progress that provide words per minute and AI grades accuracy scores based on a student’s reading of a passage.
- Click Turn edition on
- Click Add an activity of resource
- Click Poodll ReadAloud
- Enter the title and reading passage, set the time limit and passage language (the reading passage should not be longer than 3000 characters)
- Click Save and display
- Listen: Speaker reads the passage aloud. Students only listen in this activity. (This activity can be removed by disabling the listen mode in the settings. Under general, uncheck the box called “enable listen mode”)
- Practice: Listen to the speaker and repeat after each sentence to practice. Students will receive instant feedback on pronunciation. (this activity can be removed by disabling the practice mode in the settings. Under general, uncheck the box called “Enable practice mode (listen and repeat))”
- Read: Read and record the passage aloud.
How to Grade ReadAloud?
Automatically graded by AI, then the instructor can listen and regrade them by clicking on the words. Errors are highlighted in red.
- Grading Mode: allows the instructor to toggle word error states
- Spot Check Mode: tapping an error word plays back the audio for that word and allows the instructor to spot grade that word
- Transcript Mode: tapping an error word shows how the AI transcribed it. Useful for building alternatives for a passage.