Follow the instructions below to schedule a Zoom meeting on your desktop computer:
1) Launch the Zoom application on your desktop and log in using KPU OneLogin (single sign-on).
2) Click on Schedule.
3) This will open the Schedule meeting window with various options to choose from:
- Change the meeting name under Topic or leave as default.
- Option to select Recurring meeting if the meeting is recurring.
- For security reasons, a Passcode is generated that's included within the invite link below, so the students just need to click the link and log in with KPU OneLogin to join the meeting.
- Option to enable the Waiting Room allows the host to admit attendees one-by-one, or hold all attendees in the waiting room and admit them all at once.
- Option to turn on/off the host or participants' Video when entering the meeting. By default, they're off for privacy.
- Good idea to leave the Telephone and Computer Audio option checked so the attendees have the option to join the meeting with either Telephone (dial-in) or Computer Audio.
- Calendar option set to Outlook.
- Option to set additional options under Advanced Options.
When finished, click Save.
4) After saving, this will automatically open the Zoom meeting invite window in Outlook Calendar (please close that window and do not send the invite to students from Outlook).
Instead, copy the invite link from your Zoom app and add it into your Moodle course as URL:
- Open your Zoom app >> Select Meetings
- Hover your mouse cursor to the highlighted area and click the 3-dots button and select "Copy Invitation."
- Copy the invitation link and paste it into your Moodle course. (Instructions: How to invite students to your Zoom meeting?)
- Students will be able to click on the link to join the meeting (no passcode required).
- Alternatively, they can also join with only the Meeting ID (no passcode required).
- KPU single sign-on is required for authentication regardless of how attendees join.