During a meeting in Microsoft Teams, you might want to share your screen with a coworker. This could be useful as it’ll help them see content on the program or app you have open and are discussing. Well, starting a screen sharing session in Teams is quite easy, and in this guide, we’ll show you how you can do it.
1. To share your screen when chatting with people, go to the chat controls at the upper-right corner of the app and select the person you want to share and choose Share button
2. To share your screen during a meeting, go to the chat controls at the bottom of the app and select Share button highlighted below .
3. Select a window to share a specific program, or select Desktop to share everything on your screen.
4. The other participants in the chat will receive a notification asking them to accept your screen share. Once they do, they'll be able to see.
5. If you're sharing a program from the Window list, only that program will be shared, and just that program will be outlined in red. As you change the size of this window, the red outline will change with it.
6. When you're done sharing, go to your meeting controls and select Stop sharing.
Include System Audio when sharing screen on call/meeting
Sharing your system audio lets you stream your computer audio to meeting participants through Teams. You can use it to play a video or audio clip as part of a presentation.
To share your system audio, select Share in your meeting controls and then Include system audio. When you share, all your system audio, including notifications, will be included in the meeting.
- Teams and your computer need to be set to the same speaker. Adjust your computer's audio output in your system settings and your Teams audio output in your device settings in Teams.
- You won't be able to include your computer's audio while sharing a PowerPoint file or Whiteboard.
- For now, we only support this feature on Windows devices.