Kaltura Capture is a desktop recording application used to record and directly upload your media files to your Kaltura My Media library. You can record screencasts, webcams, PowerPoint presentations or audio recordings. To create your own recordings, install the Kaltura Capture desktop recorder to your computer first.
How to Install Kaltura Capture
NOTE: If you require Kaltura Capture to be installed on a KPU-owned computer. Please contact the IT Service Desk to have the application whitelisted on your machine. (This application will not work on thin-clients).
- Login to Moodle, click on My Media (on the left navigation bar).
- Click on Add New, then Kaltura Capture.
- Click on Download for Windows/Download for Mac. (scroll down)
Follow the instructions on screen to install.
- It should automatically open, if not reload the My Media page.
- To reload it from Moodle, click on My Media, Add new and then select Kaltura Capture from the drop down menu.
- You may be presented with a confirmation window to open this link in the Kaltura Capture software. (The confirmation window be differ between web browsers.)
In Internet Explorer, uncheck the Always ask before opening box and click the Allow button.
In other web browsers, the options are similar. Ensure that the software automatically opens.
- Once opened, this is what the Kaltura Capture application looks like.
- Select your recording inputs (screen, camera and/or audio) and start recording.
Upgrading Kaltura Capture
Kaltura Capture should automatically update every time you open the application. If it does not, uninstall Kaltura Capture first then repeat the above steps to reinstall.