This guide will cover the process for recording sessions on BigBlueButton and where to find the recording afterwards.
How to record my BBB session
- To begin recording, you'll first need to join a BigBlueButton session that you are a moderator of
(Note: You can only record a session if the BigBlueButton module in your course has recording enabled. This option is enabled by default and can be found in the "Activity/Room Settings" when editing the settings of the module.)
- Click the "Start Recording" button near the top-middle area of the page
- After clicking the "Start Recording" button you will then be prompted to confirm whether to begin recording or not
- After selecting yes, a red dot will appear and a timer will start counting to indicate that the session is currently being recorded
- The recording can be stopped or paused at any time, and resumed when desired as well
- In order to pause or stop a recording, click the button with the timer and red circle
- To resume the recording, click the same button used to pause it
(Note: There will only be one recording video file per session, any pausing and resuming will remain in the same file, although the downtime between the pauses will automatically be eliminated.)
Where to find my BBB Recording
- When the session has ended, the recording will be made available in the BBB module page, under the "Join session" button in a section named "Recordings"
- Simply click the "Presentation" button to view the recording
(Note: It can take anywhere from an hour to half a day for a recording to appear, depending on the length of the session and how much was recorded.)
- Your recording will now be ready for playback
This work by Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.